Churchland K9 offers overnight lodging, daycare, training and grooming in a clean and friendly environment. We serve the residents of Portsmouth (and its surrounding cities). Interested in joining the Churchland K9 pack?
We are currently seeking a part-time employee who will be available for day/night shifts, weekends and holidays. Previous experience handling dogs of all sizes is required. Position will also require lots of cleaning, some lifting and handling of all sizes and breeds of dogs, and a continual show of love and care to our clients.
* Cleaning kennels and cages, dishes, laundry, outdoor yards, and other deep cleaning in kennel building.
* Exercising dogs in outdoor areas.
* Monitoring daycare areas.
* Preparing and distributing meals, treats, medication and fresh water
* Computer skills a must.
* Assisting with baths (to include nails)
Churchland K9 has a small, supportive, family-like work environment. All of us have a passion for all breeds and sizes of dogs! Our clients love us because of the care and love we provide to their beloved 4-legged family members (it’s our specialty!), and we take great pride in what we do. Work is conducted both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
* Prior employment as a vet assistant/tech or kennel assistant required.
* Passion for the care of all sizes and breeds of dogs.
* Positive attitude and friendly disposition.
* Willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
* Feeling comfortable handling all sizes/breeds of dogs
* Physically able to handle large dogs
* Comfortable working outside in all types of weather
* A “No Drama” workplace.
* Must be able to report to work on time for each scheduled shift.
* $13.00-$14.00 per hour (based on direct experience)
** For consideration, a completed employment application is required. Our online application can be completed HERE.